12 July, 2006

Available as a listener

Thanks Danish bhai.

I sincerely hope that we have the good sense not to let the blasts spark off violence. One of the ways of defeating terrorism is by not letting it light a larger fire. After all, the motive of the terrorists must be to spread panic and create conditions rife for more violence.

My prayers are with those who did not get home and with those who survived the attack. From this distance, besides my prayers I would like to be at hand (on my cell phone 98113 09070) to just listen to anyone who feels like speaking his/her heart out. I have always believed that while we tide over incidents like this with a brave spirit, the impact of the event hits us only a bit later. I know of friends who walked home around 2 or 3 in the morning. I just want to be around for friends and "strangers" when they revisit the nightmare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please be patient - an admin will be along soon to check on the pending list.

<< Home